After The Party

The journal of the making of the quilt!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Best Postscript

Janice and I are thrilled that this quilt was winner of one of the two inaugural Human Rights Commission Challenge awards. All our hard work has been worthwhile. The waiting game got to high tension point last Friday. We had been invited to a special afternoon opening of this section of the Symposium Exhibition. I (naively as it turned out) thought they would announce the winners at the opening. No, we had to wait until the evening opening ceremony of the whole exhibition. It was announced towards the end. By that time I could hardly sit still!

I am deeply grateful to Janice for working with me on this project. I learned heaps and thoroughly enjoyed the collaborative experience. The quilt is much better than I would have produced on my own. Once again, thank you Janice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home