After The Party

The journal of the making of the quilt!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

More Progress

Well! Some progress has been made! Some new fabrics and all the words are there. Some words have been done several times, especially the ones in the centre, not enough contrast to start with. I have to re-do "hitting" as it is too big. I will trace the letters again but make them narrower, so it fits in the space better. The vlisofix is doing its usual hissy fit and is peeling off in places so the next job will be to stitch around each letter. Yeah, some easy-on-the brain work.

I'm thinking about how we are going to do the background. How many different coloured paints do we need and should we try it out on some cheap calico first to see how it goes. Or should we think again about a pieced background, especially for the centre part where the cross is going to go. Jaggged edges and odd shapes keep swirling around in my head. (My painting skills are rather crappy so I'm leaving this one up to Janice.)

I must spend some time this week on drawing up the instructions for our quilt club's next instalment of our "Triple F" Challenge, so I don't know how much progress is going to be made this week. I think about this quilt all the time and want to be working on it at every available opportunity (energy levels allowing).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home