After The Party

The journal of the making of the quilt!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Noise!

Janice came around yesterday to look at the progress (or rather lack of it) that I have made with the words and gave me some fabric which might be suitable to use. I was getting stuck on the colour transitions and Janice very helpfully pointed out that I need 2 gradations, one for the backgrounds and one for the words themselves. Now why didn't I think of that! So that is my next task, to sort the one pile I have into two and I haven't felt up to it today. Must get onto it tomorrow.

The 'noise' part of this post concerns the fact that I have just looked at an ad the Human Rights Commission has published for this challenge and it is titled "Noisy 'quilt' challenge" and goes on to say 'Use your abilities to create innovative, powerful and noisy "quilts" which wil increase the impact of messages about family violence and motivate people to take action against it.' Huh? The part about noisy wasn't in the symposium brief we were reading. aaarrrggh!!!

Help! How does one make a 'noisy' quilt?? Is it back to the drawing board for us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home